It’s 1000 degrees below zero. I had planned a little hike for this morning, but that ain’t gonna happen.
Instead, I’ve been sipping hot chocolate and daydreaming about the perfect little cabin I want to build….someday.
It turns out there are a few items that my dream cabin can’t be without.
1. A killer view. Lots of folks seem to love the cabins in the woods theme, but not me. I want open space, and sunrises and sunsets up to whazzoo. If my ship comes in big time, I’d go for a view like this:
But it’s more likely that my cabin would be built on a hilltop, in a spot like this:
2. After the view, the next most important thing is a porch. I’ve been to nice cabins that are porchless -
but in my dreams I’m sitting on a porch, having a glass of wine while I watching the setting sun.
Maybe like this one?
or one of these?
Or even a back porch, like this:
3. Of course, a nice kitchen area is important for preparing that nightly wine and cheese. One like this would do…
but my dream cabin has this one:
Or maybe I’ll go another direction altogether, with something like this:
4. Windows, of course. But they need to be like one of these:
5. The size, too, needs to be just right. Not too small…
But no need to go overboard, either…
Although now that I think about it, I wouldn’t say no to a packer to haul in my wine and caviar.
6. Wine seems to be coming up quite regularly, doesn’t it? So my final requirement is actually pretty easy…wine and cheese at the end of a day spent in the out of doors.
How about when your ship comes in? What would your dream cabin be like?